Is your student too ill for school?
Considering whether to keep your student home?
- Fever: Please keep them at home until they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication.
- Vomiting or Diarrhea: Keep student home until the illness appears to be over and until it has been 24 hours since the last episode without medication.
- Cough, Runny Nose or Congestion: If there is no fever and your student feels good, school is fine.
- Pink Eye: This is highly contagious and may require an antibiotic. The student may return to school after being on the antibiotic for 24 hours.
Medication at School
All medication, including over-the-counter medication requires a physician’s order and a medication permission form. Please click here to obtain the necessary forms.
**Note: These are guidelines. If you have any questions please call the school office at 530-677-2720.
Rescue Union School District has a NO NIT policy. IF you have found that your student has head lice, please contact the school office immediately. When the school office is notified of a student with head lice the following actions are taken:
- The student with head lice is sent home until they are clear of lice and nits (lice eggs). Parents are given a copy of the guidelines for controlling head lice.
- The classmates and siblings of the affected student are examined.
- Any student found to have head lice during this check is also sent home until clear.
- The affected students are not allowed to return to school without first being examined and determined clear of head lice and nits by the office staff.
- If two or more students are found to have head lice in one classroom, a “Head Lice Parent Notification Letter” and a copy of “A Parent’s Guide to Head Lice “is sent home to ALL students in the affected classroom.
Please call the school office if you have any questions.