- 2017-2018 Open Enrollment begins
February 6, 2017. Click here for more
- 2017-2018 Open Enrollment
Letter to Parents
- Classroom Interruptions – We are trying to minimize classroom interruptions as to not disturb learning for students. If you child has forgotten something or you need to get something to them, we will deliver it during their recess time.Thank you for your help with this.
- Full Day Kindergarten Parent Information Night – The Rescue Union School District is planning on offering full day Kindergarten for the 2017-18 school year. This is a great opportunity to learn about the District plan and ask any questions you may have. The information night is scheduled for Thursday, March 2nd at Green Valley Elementary School in the Library beginning at 6:00pm. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
- Health Office Nurse Position Available – Are you looking for a Part-Time job that allows you to be at home when your family needs you there? Do you enjoy working with children and being a part of a team? We are looking for a licensed LVN to serve as the Health Office Nurse for Rescue Elementary. Please call (530) 677-2720 for more information!
- Yearbook Update – Yearbook Club would like to remind parents that we can use the great photos you take on field trips, at events, and in classrooms. Simply email photos with a small description (grade level, where taken, activity or event name) toRescueYearbook@my.rescueusd.org. Photos from the winter performances and field trips are especially great!
- Trimester2 Report Cards - Report cards will be available to families via the Parent Portal on Friday, March 3rd after 4:00pm. Please contact the office if you need assistance printing the report or need the report printed for you.
- Traffic Reminder – When entering Rescue School, please do not use the “Exit” near the picnic table area. If you wish to park on the new gravel area, please enter by the school marquee. Signs are posted and we ask that you follow this procedure to ensure the safety and flow of traffic. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Kids Science Safari Assembly - Rescue students will participate in a Next Generation Science Standards assembly Friday, March 10th during the school day in the Gym. Each class will have 40 minutes to observe over a dozen Science exhibits that demonstrate how Science works. We are looking for a few parents that would like to help out during the day. Please click the following link to sign up for a shift if interested. This should be an incredible experience!
- Open Enrollment for the 2017-18 School Year – Enrollment packets for the 2017-2018 school year for Kindergarten, Transitional Kindergarten and new students are now available at the school office for pick up. The office are accepting packets between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Please do not use any on-line forms. A complete packet from the school office with forms for next school year is required to register.Partial packets will not be accepted.Please contact the office if you have any questions.
- Pennies for Patients Drive – Our annual Pennies for Patients Drive is underway!Students are collecting pennies and/or any donations through the month of February to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation.Our goal is to raise $2,000.Students can bring their donations to their classrooms.If you wish to donate online, please click on http://events.lls.org/pages/sac/RescueElementarySchool-2017. Please contact the office if you have any questions.Thank you for supporting such a worthy cause!
- Academic Talent Search – Calling all 4th and 5th Grade Students!! Are you interested in taking classes at California State University, Sacramento, this summer? Students interested need to take the Academic Talent Search test on Wednesday, March 7th at 3:15 pm in Mrs. R. Mallot's Room. Please email Mrs. R. Mallot at email@example.com for information regarding this incredible opportunity if you are interested.
- Drop Off/Pick-up Procedures - Please make sure to follow the drop off and pick-up procedures.If parking your car, please make sure to park in our designated parking spaces and please escort your student to your car. Children will not be allowed to walk into the parking lot unattended. Thank you for helping us keep our students safe.
- PTC Executive Positions – Are you interested in serving on the PTC Executive Board next year? If so, please write a letter of intent stating which position you wish to run for and submit it to Shelane Dormandy (Parliamentarian) by Tuesday, February 28th. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitors and Volunteers – Please remember to sign in and out in the office if you plan to visit or volunteer during school hours. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
- Finger Printing and TB Clearance - Volunteers are required to be fingerprinted and have TB clearance on file with the District. Please contact Joan in the office at 530-677-2720 if you have any questions.
- School Communication - We will be sending monthly newsletters (on the first day of the month) with school information as well as sending weekly emails on Mondays to families. In order to ensure that you receive this, please make sure your contact information is updated in the Parent Portal. Please contact the office if you need assistance.
- Get Connected – Are you on Facebook and want to know more about Rescue School? Please like the PTC Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RescueElementaryPtc/ to get regular updates on events and activities.
- Bell Schedule and Calendar - Both the bell schedule and the school calendar are posted on our school website at www.rescueelementary.org. Please review and make notes of the dates and times.
Use the to select multiple calendars