May 7-13th is Certificated Employee Week! Be sure to let our certificated employees know how much they are appreciated!
May 21-27th is Classified & Confidential Employee Week! Be sure to let our classified and confidential employees know how much they are appreciated!
- 2017-2018 Open Enrollment begins
February 6, 2017. Click here for more
- 2017-2018 Open Enrollment
Letter to Parents
- Classroom Interruptions – We are trying to minimize classroom interruptions as to not disturb learning for students. If you child has forgotten something or you need to get something to them, we will deliver it during their recess time. Thank you for your help with this.
- Early Release Day on 5/1 – We have an Early Release Day scheduled for Monday, May 1st. Morning Kindergarten and TK classes will follow their normal schedule (8:00am-11:20am). Afternoon Kindergarten and TK classes are scheduled to arrive at 9:25am and will be dismissed at 12:45pm. Grades 1-5 will arrive at normal time and will be dismissed at 12:45pm. Please make pick up arrangements for your student(s). Extended Day is available. Please contact them to sign up at (530) 295-2298.
- Open House is this Week! – Our annual Open House is scheduled for this Friday, May 5th beginning at 5:30pm. Parking will be available in our overflow parking lot. Please come and check out the incredible work that your students have done this year and then stay for some awesome fun afterwards with our Rock’n Rescue 50’s Sock Hop!
- Rock’n Rescue 50’s Sock Hop - Get excited! The Rock’n Rescue Sock Hop is scheduled for Friday, May 5th beginning 6:00pm and going until 8:30pm (Right after open house). There will be food, games, music, raffle baskets, and much more.
- Incoming 6th Grade Parent Information Night Date Change – Today our 5th grade students are participating in an orientation at Pleasant Grove. The Parent Information Night has been rescheduled for Tuesday, May 2nd at 6:00pm in the Pleasant Grove Multipurpose Room. Parents will meet the Principal, Vice Principal, Band Director, and the PTO and have the opportunity to ask questions about PG’s programs and all it has to offer for students. Please contact Lisa Tomasello at 672-4400, ext. 4003 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Spring Food Drive- Any donations go to the El Dorado County Food Bank benefits and supports OUR community. We are collecting any canned and boxed non-perishable food items (no glass please) through May 12th. Thank you!!
- Book Fair is Coming! – Our Spring Book Fair opens on Friday, May 6th and will be open until May 12th. Please check it out during the 50’s Sock Hop event! This is a great opportunity to pick up some books for summer reading and support our library.
- Visitors and Volunteers – Please remember to sign in and out in the office if you plan to visit or volunteer during school hours. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
- Finger Printing and TB Clearance - Volunteers are required to be fingerprinted and have TB clearance on file with the District. Please contact Joan in the office at 530-677-2720 if you have any questions.
- School Communication - We will be sending monthly newsletters (on the first day of the month) with school information as well as sending weekly emails on Mondays to families. In order to ensure that you receive this, please make sure your contact information is updated in the Parent Portal. Please contact the office if you need assistance.
- Get Connected – Are you on Facebook and want to know more about Rescue School? Please like the PTC Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RescueElementaryPtc/ to get regular updates on events and activities.
- Bell Schedule and Calendar - Both the bell schedule and the school calendar are posted on our school website at www.rescueelementary.org. Please review and make notes of the dates and times.
Use the to select multiple calendars