- 2017-2018 Open Enrollment begins
February 6, 2017. Click here for more
- 2017-2018 Open Enrollment
Letter to Parents
- Finger Printing and TB Clearance - Volunteers are required to be fingerprinted and have TB clearance on file with the District. Staff will be available on August 10th at Back to School Night from 5:30pm to 7:30pm if you are interested. The cost is $60. Please contact Joan in the office at 530-677-2720 if you have any questions.
- Early Release Day on 8/21 – Our first Early Release Day is scheduled for Monday, August 21st. Grades K-5 will arrive at normal time and will be dismissed at 12:45pm. Transitional Kindergarten will follow their normal schedule (8:45am – 12:05pm). Please make pick up arrangements for your student(s). Extended Day is available. Please contact them to sign up at (530) 295-2298.
- Cross Country – Monday’s practice (8/21) is scheduled from 12:55pm – 1:45pm. Wednesday and Thursday’s practices will resume their normal times from 3:10pm4:00pm.
- Student Council – Are you interested in being a part of Student Council? The first meeting is this Tuesday (8/22) during 4th/5th grade lunch in room F-2. All interested 4th and 5th graders are invited to attend. Students interested in running for a Student Council Executive Office need to turn in their letters of intent to Mrs. Mallot by Friday, August 25th.
- Yearbook Pictures – Do you have great back-to-school photos of your kids from drop-off or pick-up on Wednesday? The yearbook committee doesn't want to miss out! You can share photos from the first day of school, assemblies, and other Rescue Elementary events with the yearbook and slideshow staff (a volunteer group of parents and students) by emailing or sharing them to: RescueYearbook@gmail.com. Please label photo files with the date, event, and student names (if applicable). Full resolution photos are best!
- Site Council - Our School Site Council (SSC) has 3 parent vacancies. We’re looking for 3 parents to serve on the SSC for a 2 year term. SSC meets after school from 3:15 pm-4:00 pm a minimum of 4 times per year (meetings are typically on Tuesdays or Wednesdays). The SSC is responsible for giving input to create the school plan and makes recommendations regarding the budget. If interested, please contact the school office at 677-2720.
- Eclipse Information – Monday (8/21) is the scheduled day for the eclipse! The District has provided protective glasses so that students can participate in this special event. This is a great opportunity for students. Classes are organizing lessons and activities around this event. Should be an memorable experience!
- Bucket Filling Assembly - Have you filled someone’s bucket today? Students in grades K-5 will participate in a special assembly on Thursday (8/24) to learn about the positive effect of filling the buckets of others. Grades K-3 is scheduled for 9:00am and grades 4-5 are scheduled for 9:45am. Please check out www.bucketfillers101.com for more information.
- Basketball Coaches Needed – We are in need of a coach for 5th grade boys basketball. Please contact the office if you are interested and for more information.
- Yearbook Club – It was fantastic to see so many 4th and 5th graders attend the Yearbook Club information meeting! Those students who are interested in being a part of the club must turn in their application and parent permission form by Wednesday, August 23rd. Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Picture Day – Picture Day is scheduled for Friday, August 25th.
- PTC General Membership Meeting – A Special Meeting is scheduled to discuss details for the Fun Run! The meeting will be held on Monday (8/21) at 8:50am at the lunch tables. We would love for you to attend!
- School Communication – Communication is very important to us. We will be sending out monthly newsletters with key dates and school information as well as sending weekly emails on Mondays to families. Our school website is also a great resource for accessing Rescue School information. In order to ensure that you receive school information, please make sure your contact information is updated in Parent Portal.Please contact the office if you need assistance.
- Bell Schedule and Calendar - Both the bell schedule and the calendar are posted on our school website at www.rescueelementary.org. Please review and make note of dates and times. There is a list of holidays and minimum days on the calendar as well.
- Get Connected – Are you on Facebook and want to know more about Rescue School? Please like the PTC Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RescueElementaryPtc/ to get regular updates on events and activities.
Use the to select multiple calendars