- Basketball Coaches Needed – We are in need of a coach for 5th grade boys’ and girls’ basketball. Please contact the office if you are interested and for more information.
- Red Ribbon Week - The week of October 24th-28th, our school will celebrate Red Ribbon Week. This is a time to pledge to be drug free and to make positive and healthy decisions in our lives. There will be special spirit days each day this week; we encourage your child(ren) to dress up and show their school spirit!
- Monday, October 24th: Wear RED Day
- Tuesday, October 25th: "Shade Out Drugs" Wear Sunglasses
- Wednesday, October 26th: "Sock it to Drugs Wear Silly Socks
- Thursday, October 27th: "Put a Cap on Drugs" Wear Hats
- Friday, October 28th: Career Day: Dress up in your favorite job or career
- Special Schedule for 10/31 - On Monday, October 31st, Rescue students will have an early release schedule.AM Kindergarten and TK will continue with their normal schedule (8:00am-11:20am).PM Kindergarten and TK will arrive at 8:45am and will be dismissed at 12:05pm in order to participate in the Rescue Costume Parade at 9:00am. Grades 1-5 will arrive at normal time (8:45am) and will be dismissed at 12:45pm. Please make pick up arrangements accordingly.Please make pick up arrangements for your student(s). Extended Day is available. Please contact them to sign up at (530) 295-2298.
- Rescue Yearbook Update - Your student should have received a flyer to order a 2016-17 Rescue Yearbook. Yearbooks are $20 for softcover or $25 for hardcover, if you purchase on or before December 31st! You may order with a credit card (online) or return the flyer to school with cash or check (payable to "Rescue PTC").In addition to the order forms, your student also received a cover-contest flyer and piece of cardstock paper. All Rescue students are invited and encouraged to submit a cover design for our yearbook. Yearbook Club has chosen "Old West" as the theme for this year. Entries should be based on this theme, but do not need to be titled "Old West." The theme is just an inspiration for designs. All art must be original, student designed (with crayon, marker, computer, paint, collage, mixed-medium, etc.), and returned to school by Thursday, December 1st. While only one piece of art will be chosen for the cover, we will try to incorporate as many submissions into the yearbook pages as possible. Help your student giddy up and get craftin' a design, today!
- Rescue Costume Parade – We will be holding our annual costume parade on Monday, October 31st at 9:00am.Families that wish to be present during the parade will need to sign in at the office and get a visitor’s badge.Traffic will be heavier on that day, so please allow for enough time to get to school and utilize the Rescue West parking lot.We look forward to a great parade and appreciate your cooperation.
- Classroom Interruptions – We are trying to minimize classroom interruptions as to not disturb learning for students. If you child has forgotten something or you need to get something to them, we will deliver it during their recess time.Thank you for your help with this.
- District Calendar Committee – We are looking for a few parents that are interested in participating on the District Calendar Committee.This committee meets a few times a year to give input and develop a district calendar for the following school year. The first meeting is Tuesday, October 25th at 3:30 at the District Office. Please contact the office if you are interested.
- Get Connected – Are you on Facebook and want to know more about Rescue School?Please like the PTC Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RescueElementaryPtc/ to get regular updates on events and activities.
- Visitors and Volunteers – Please remember to sign in and out in the office if you plan to visit or volunteer during school hours. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
- Finger Printing and TB Clearance - Volunteers are required to be fingerprinted and have TB clearance on file with the District. Please contact Joan in the office at 530-677-2720 if you have any questions.
- School Communication - We will be sending monthly newsletters (on the first day of the month) with school information as well as sending weekly emails on Mondays to families. In order to ensure that you receive this, please make sure your contact information is updated in the Parent Portal. Please contact the office if you need assistance.
- Bell Schedule and Calendar - Both the bell schedule and the school calendar are posted on our school website at www.rescueelementary.org. Please review and make notes of the dates and times.
Use the to select multiple calendars