· Picture Day Make-ups – Did your child miss picture day? No problem! There will be makes up s on Friday, October14th. Purchase information will be available for pick up in the office
- Got Printer Cartridges? – Student Council is collecting printer cartridges this year.If you have toner cartridges or inkjet cartridges, please put them in a bad and send them with your child to school.There is a box located in the office.Each cartridge earns money that will benefit students at Rescue School!
- Independent Study Contracts – Students that are going to be out of school for five or more days for reasons other than illness or injury may be eligible for independent study.Student’s school attendance will be reviewed prior to the approval of an independent study contract.Independent study contracts require signatures from the parent, student, teacher, and administrator.The contract specifies the amount of work to be completed and will need to be turned in when the date of the contract ends in order to be fulfilled. Contracts must be requested at least 5 school days prior to a planned absence so that teachers can prepare materials for the student.
- Cross Country Meet on Wednesday 9/28 – Rescue will be hosting a cross country meet on Wednesday, September 28th.Buckeye, Lakeview, and Oak Meadow Elementary Schools will be in attendance for the meet.Volunteers are needed to help mark the course and direct runners during the meet.Please contact the office or Coach McHargue if you are interested in volunteering.Traffic may be a little heavier than usual so please plan accordingly.Please remember that no dogs are allowed on campus unless they are service dogs and are marked.Thank you for supporting our program and our runners!
- Early Release Day on 9/26 – Monday, September 26th is an early release day.Morning Kindergarten and TK classes will follow their normal schedule (8:00am-11:20am) Afternoon Kindergarten and TK classes are scheduled to arrive at 9:25am and will be dismissed at 12:45pm.Grades 1-5 will arrive at normal time and will be dismissed at 12:45pm.Please make pick up arrangements for your student(s).Extended Day is available.Please contact them to sign up at (530) 295-2298.
- Friendly Reminder Regarding Dogs on Campus – In accordance with District policy, dogs are not allowed to be on campus unless they are a service dog.If you have a service dog, please make sure they are marked and wearing their service tags.While we love our four-legged friends, students will often crowd wanting to pet them and we don’t want to startle the dogs and put them in a position where they snap or bite someone.Thank you for your cooperation.Please contact the office if you have any questions.
- Get Connected – Are you on Facebook and want to know more about Rescue School?Please like the PTC Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RescueElementaryPtc/ to get regular updates on events and activities.
- Harvest Festival is Coming Soon! – The Annual Rescue Harvest Festival is on Friday, October 7th from 5:30pm – 8:00pm!Online ordering for the Harvest Festival is officially up and running. Go to www.rescuePTC.com to order all your wristbands, tickets, and meal packages now!A flyer will also be sent home with students for the event.We hope to see you there!
- Yearbook Club – The Yearbook Club is anxious to receive all the wonderful photos you take of your students and Rescue staff at events, on field trips, at assemblies, and around campus. To keep email addresses consistent, we did have to change our email address. Please send all future photos to:RescueYearbook@my.rescueusd.org.
- Visitors and Volunteers – Please remember to sign in and out in the office if you plan to visit or volunteer during school hours.Please contact the office if you have any questions.
- Finger Printing and TB Clearance - Volunteers are required to be fingerprinted and have TB clearance on file with the District. Please contact Joan in the office at 530-677-2720 if you have any questions.
- School Communication - We will be sending monthly newsletters (on the first day of the month) with school information as well as sending weekly emails on Mondays to families. In order to ensure that you receive this, please make sure your contact information is updated in the Parent Portal. Please contact the office if you need assistance.
- Bell Schedule and Calendar - Both the bell schedule and the school calendar are posted on our school website at www.rescueelementary.org. Please review and make notes of the dates and times.
Use the to select multiple calendars